Consider taking extra care with your self this winter and you may avoid colds or keep them to a minimum. Below are some helpful suggestions.
- Always drink plenty of water. This is calculated in relation to your body weight. For myself being 60kg I need to consume 2 litres a day of water. Coffee and tea dry your system out so you need to drink even more water if you drink coffee or tea.
- Have as little sugar as possible – it stresses the body and it is easy to cut it way down, just take it one step at a time.
- Take your supplements – you do need them. I use Be Pure One and I am very happy with the product and the price.
- Keep up with your exercise. Winter is great to wrap up and take a 15 minute walk or longer – I love doing this.
- Eat well, limiting takeaways, reducing alcohol, eating lots of warming foods like broths, chicken broth is great as are soups, stews, and vegetables. Reduce all processed foods as much as possible without stressing about it and eat lots of fruits and vegetables that are in season, cooked and raw.
- Sleep well – somewhere between 6-8 hours sleep is required by most people, getting regular sleep patterns in place is less stressful for your body.
- If possible make winter a stress free time, perhaps not taking on extra work or other jobs at this time would allow for more rest. Relaxing in winter with a good book is a great way to spend spare time. Rescue remedy is useful to have on hand should stressful situations arise.
- Wash your hands often and sneeze or cough into your elbow pit – a young child recently taught me this.
- Try Ginger tea made with real root ginger – yummm!
Be well and be happy – Spring is on the way – then it will be time to cleanse!